Greetings, dear reader! How are you? I was wondering if we have a discussion about something really important right now. It has been troubling me for quite a while, and I could not find a solution to it. But I guess, I have now, and it seems like the best feeling in the world. If you are wondering what the problem was then let me tell you that it is related to 100 disk usage windows 10. Are you suffering from something like this too? Then, don’t worry at all. I am here to help you now. You have to to do nothing except relax, sit back, and read.The ways you can solve 100 disk usage windows 10 are as follows:
How to Fix 100 Disk Usage in Windows 10
So here in this guide we have written several methods, each of them are tested by us personally. If your problem gets fixed by following our first solution then you don’t have to go through rest other solution
Solution 1. Disable Windows Search
Windows Search could also be one of the reasons why your computer is slowing down. So, what you can do is temporarily disable Windows Search and check if it has solved the problem. Here is a stepwise instruction to do that.
First off, you will be required to press the Windows logo with the X key on your keyboard at the same time.
- After this, you are required to select the command prompt.When you see the User Account Control window prompt, you will be required to click Yes on it.
- A black window will come up; this is called the Command Prompt. Here you will be required to type the following “net.exe stop “Windows search.”
- After this, press Enter.
- Now you can check if the problem has been solved or not. If yes, then I suggest that you permanently disable Windows Search.
Here is how you permanently disable Windows Search
- You will be required to press the Windows logo key with the R simultaneously.
- When the command prompts up, go ahead and type services.msc.
- After this, you have to locate the Windows Search Option. Please double click on it in order to enter the Properties Windows.
- Followed by changing the Startup type to Disabled. Click on Apply and then OK in order to save the changes you made.
- The next step is the best part of the method. You can now check the usage of your computer’s disk. If you wish to do that, please type “task manager” in the windows search bar. Then, select task manager and then checks for the % at the top of the Disk Column. If you see that it is no longer at 100%, then you have fixed the problem.
Solution 2: Update your device drivers
If the last method didn’t work out for you, then you can also try this one. Here you will be required to update your device drivers. You can do so with the help of Driver Easy. What this tool will do is that it will recognize the system that you are on and locate the correct drivers for it. You can update your drivers either by using a Free or the Pro version of Driver Easy.
Here are the steps you can follow to fix the problem of 100 disk usage windows 10
- Start by downloading and installing Driver Easy.
- When you run Driver Easy, you will have to click on Scan Now button. The tool will start a scanning process on your computer and then detect any problematic drivers.
- Followed by clicking on the Update button next to any or all flagged device in order to automatically download and install the correct version of the driver. Needless to say, this can be done with the help of the Free Version of Driver Easy.
- This step is just like the last step of the previous method. Go check in the Task Manager if the % has dropped. If it has then, congratulations, your problem has been solved.
Solution 3: Disable SuperFetch
Did you know that SuperFetch is designed to decrease the boot time and align the must-load programs in a more efficient manner? But it sometimes ends up causing potential damage to the disk performance in Windows 8. So, this could be one of the reasons why you are facing the problem of 100 disk usage windows 10. Steps have been mentioned here that you can follow to solve the issue.
Go ahead, press the Windows key and X together then Command Prompt (Admin).
- You will have to click Yes at the User Account Control prompt.
- When the command prompt pops up, please type in “net.exe stop superfetch”
- Then, press Enter on your keyboard.
- After this, you will have to wait for a few minutes to see if your system has started performing better or not. If you can’t make out the difference, then you can check through the task manager. If the percent has gone down, then your PC is good as new! This would solve your problem of 100 disk usage windows 10.
Solution 4: Perform a Disk check
- This solution asks you to do a Disk check where you have to perform the following steps.
- Press the Windows key with X at the same time, after this, you will have to choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then, click Yes at the User Account prompt.
- You are required to type the following command when you are prompted “chkdsk.exe /f /r”
- Followed by hitting Enter. Then you will be asked to confirm. If your answer is Yes, then you can do so by clicking on Y before the disk check happens. Please note that you will have to close all the applications first.
- As soon as you have given permission, you will have to check the status of the task manager. If it under 100% then your problem is fixed.
- So, here were the steps that could solve the problem of 100 disk usage windows 10. I hope your problem was solved and now you have nothing to worry about.
If you have any doubts or queries, then you can drop them off in the comment section down below. I hope you enjoyed the topic of 100 disk usage windows 10. Please write to me; I will come up with more such issues.