Imagine this, you are cruising through the net at night, and then you come across a website which has something that you have been looking for. You want to save the site so that you can refer to it whenever you want to. What do you do then? Of course, bookmark it.
But then, one day you wake up with a fear that all your bookmarks would get lost. And, trust me that is a big loss. It is like losing a library worth of good books. It will be so agonizing. The mere thought would give people nightmares.
Well, if you are worried that something like this would happen to you then, let me inform you that there is a way to do that.
Whenever we install a new OS, the first thing we do is install the Chrome for smooth surfing and at that time all we want is our same old chrome in which we had saved all the passwords, bookmarks and many more things and if out of nowhere they all get vanished, it will be really hard for us to get it back. In that case we should always take backup of such things. It will help us to restore our settings if anything goes wrong with our system.
How to Backup Chrome Bookmarks in Few Minutes
This is the way the way to go about which will ensure that you will not lose your bookmarks. So, if you are wondering how to do that, then you have reached the right place.
I have written this article on the topic ‘how to backup chrome bookmarks’ so that everyone could benefit. Without any delay, let us get to it.
Here are the ways you can deal with the situation.
In order to Backup and Export Google Chrome Bookmarks, you can try these two methods.
Method 1: Manually export Chrome bookmarks
- In this method, you manually export the bookmarks. Here are the steps that would answer the question of how to backup chrome bookmarks.
First off, open Google Chrome and then click on Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
- From there, you will have to click on Bookmarks and then select Bookmarks manager.
- Press Tab and then Export bookmarks to HTML file.
- When that is done, you will be expected to choose a location in order to save the file and then click on Save.
- And, then you are good to go.
The next method asks you to get an Auto-backup of the Chrome bookmarks
Method 2: Auto-backup Chrome bookmarks
Reader, if for some reason you don’t wish to create a backup again and again then what you can do is select free backup and recovery software to auto-backup chrome bookmarks. This could be done in just the matter of few clicks. There is a tool called EaseUS Todo Backup Free. You can download it off the net, and this software would do all the work for you.
- In this method which tells us how to backup chrome bookmarks, here is how you should go about it. You will have to launch EaseUS Todo Backup and then click on the button which says File Backup.
- After that, you will have to select Chrome bookmarks which follows the below path: Computer > system (C:) > Users > Username > AppData > Chrome;Go ahead and select a destination in order to save the bookmarks.
- The next step would ask you to click on Schedule to set a backup frequency. This would automatically create a backup of the chrome bookmarks.
- Followed by clicking on Save and then tab on the Proceed to execute the auto-backup operation.
There is a part two to this segment of how-to backup chrome bookmarks and if you are wondering what that is, then do take a look.
Restore Chrome bookmark backups to the browser
If for some reason you have lost your bookmarks and wanted to recover them then you follow the steps which can help you get them back.
- You will be required to open Google Chrome, naturally and then click on Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
- From there, please click on Bookmarks and then select the bookmarks manager.
- Click on Organize and then Import bookmarks to HTML file.
Lastly, you will be asked to choose the HTML document and then press Open to finish the process.This was a way to restore them manually, but if you want to get that done automatically, then you can make use of the EaseUS Todo Backup. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- You will start by launching the EaseUS Todo Backup and then click on Browser to restore.
- You should select the latest backups of your Chrome bookmarks and then choose recovery destination.
- Then, go ahead and then click on Proceed in order to finish the recovery process.
- Now you will be required to copy the Google Chrome bookmarks HTML file and then paste in the below-mentioned path system (C:) /Users/Username/AppData/ Chrome or import the HTML file into Chrome browser;
Followed by relaunching the Chrome and you will be able to go through the backed up Chrome bookmarks.
So, this is it on the topic of how to backup chrome bookmarks. If you have any doubts and queries, then you can leave them in the comment section down below.
Thank you for reading!
Until next time.