Hello reader, how are you? I have been fine too. It is getting a little cold here now, and I am already snuggling in my blanket while I sip on hot chocolate. I absolutely love winters, but that is not we are here. We are here to talk about something important. And that is how to delete Gmail Account?
In today’s time and age, Gmail seems to be the most critical link to everything. In order to be a part of anything, you need to have an account on Gmail. Gmail is one place where you can receive emails and open accounts on other platforms. But in any case, if you want to delete your Google Gmail account, then you can do that too. Not only that, you can delete the messages that you received as well. Everything will be swiped clean.
And, do you know what the best part is, now even if you delete the Google Gmail account, you will still have your Google, YouTube accounts. Yes, you read that right. You can keep it all. Only makes you wonder why did you have a Gmail account in the first place right?
But that is for another day. Today we will talk about how to delete Gmail Account? The process is pretty easy and straightforward. You will have to click on a bunch of things and then do as directed. I have enlisted a number of ways that you can do this.
Before you do this, I want you to know that this process would be a permanent one. You will not be able to undo or bring back the changes that you made. You will not be able to make a new account with the same username. So, make your mind strongly before you go through the process of how to delete Gmail account? Deleting your Gmail will also denote that every single mail that you have received till now will be erased too so it would be wise to keep a backup. This would save you from losing any important information.
It is wise to mention that if you delete your Gmail account then, in any case, it does not hint that you are deleting your Google account which covers your profile on Google+ and YouTube. As mentioned before, it will only delete your Gmail account. So, if you are looking for ways to delete your Gmail Account, then this is it.
How to Delete Gmail Account?
If you are hunting for ways to delete your Gmail Account then follow these steps.
1. You will be required to go to Account Settings.
2. From there you will have to select your Account or services under the title of Account Preference which is which is one place that will allow you to have control over various aspects of your Google Account. Account Preferences come in handy if you are looking to change your Language on your Google Services. Or even if you need to enable the feature of Screen Reading. If you wish to access, then you can do so through myaccount.google.com and then click on Account Preferences link which is on the right-hand side of the page. At the bottom of the page, you shall find Delete your account or services. This is where you will be able to delete your Gmail Account.
3. Now, please click on Delete Products.
4. You even have the option to choose to Delete Google Account and Data in order to remove your entire Google Account. This would also include things like your search history, Google Docs, AdWords, and AdSense with other services too.
5. After this, please select the Gmail account you wish to delete.
6. Now you are required to type in the password of the account in the option of Enter your password.
7. Followed by clicking on Next.
8. When this is done, you can select the trashcan icon which is present next to Gmail.
9. Please follow the Download Data link in order to download a full copy of your Gmail message through Google Takeout.
10. If you wish to open a new Gmail Account, then you even have the option to copy your email information to a new Gmail address.
11. You will be required to enter an email address which will be different than the one which is associated with the Gmail Account. You can put the details under Enter an email address in the How you will sign in to Google dialog box.
12. Gmail might have entered the details of the secondary account that you used while making your Gmail account. Now the alternative email address that you entered will become your new Google account username.
13. When you are doing this, then make sure that you are entering an email address which you have access to as it will be needed to delete your Gmail Account.
14. The next in line in how to delete Gmail Account requires you to click on Send Verification Email.
15. Please open the email from Google that will carry the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation.”
16. Go ahead and follow the link that will delete your Gmail account present in the message.
17. If you are prompted, then please log in to you Gmail account that you are trying to delete.
18. Now please select yes under the title of Confirm Gmail Deletion. Click on Yes; I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google Account.
19. Then on Delete Gmail.
20. Please note that when you are done with this then, you will not be able to undo this step. After you click on this, your Gmail account and messages will be gone forever.
21. Now click on Done.
Congratulations, you have successfully deleted your Gmail Account. One thing that you should remember is that if you have been using your Gmail for a long time, you must have used it to log in to services with the feature of paying bills. Once you delete your Gmail Account, then you will stop getting updates from such services as well. Some of these accounts or services will no longer be in a functional state if those services are not able to locate a responsive Gmail address. This suggests that you will be required to change your account info or create a new one. Basically, what I am trying to send across is that you will have to do some cleanups after your old account has been deleted.
Also Read: How to Backup Chrome Bookmarks
So, dear reader, these were the steps that you are required to follow if you wish the answer the question of How to delete Gmail Account?
I hope this clears away all your doubts and queries. If you still have some, then you can write them to me either by shooting an email or by leaving behind a comment in the comment section down below. I will be more than happy to clear them for you. Also, if there is anything else that you want me to write about, then I can do that too. You just have to send the topic to me because I always look for some new topics anyway.
Until then try these steps out if you wish to delete your account and let me know if it was effective or not.