Although iTunes serves many purposes for an apple device, yet it has been characterized under media player. Apart from being a classy and exquisite media player, iTunes also serves as an online music streamer, music uploader platform, audio converter, internet radio stations, disk burner with audio files, smart playlist creator, podcast downloader and much more. With iTunes cloud, you can also handle plenty of jobs that you can’t do offline. It enables you to sync your files on iCloud so that you don’t have to worry about losing data. iTunes also worked with the family sharing feature of iOS and eliminated the need for a common ID to access services of iTunes. iTunes can also stream Movies, Videos, and TV Shows.
But iTunes doesn’t offer everything for free even to apple device users. It costs some amount of money every month for its streaming services and also in case of downloads in some cases. However, not every one of us is willing to way regularly unless all of us have born with a silver spoon. For single sharing, the cost of Apple music is rupees 120 per month while for Family Sharing, it is rupees 180 per month. So what can the user do to access these services without burning holes in their pockets? Well, there is a bunch of other software that a person can use as an alternative to Apple iTunes. Some of these are free and some are paid, but one thing for sure is that they serve the same purpose with almost the same efficiency as Apple iTunes.
Best Apps like iTunes
iTunes is the default application for iOS users to manage all Apple devices like transfer music to iPhone, iPod, iPad on Mac and Windows PC. iTunes is one of the best applications developed by Apple, available for Mac and Windows Operating systems.
But do you know that iTunes is not only available application to transfer data to iOS devices? You can add music to iPhone without iTunes, and you can download music without iTunes to iPhone, iPod, and iPad. But if you are bored with iTunes UI and want to try any new application to transfer music to Apple devices then here are most popular iTunes Alternatives available for Windows and Mac.
iTunes is among the most used software across any stage, and there is a great reason for this: iOS devices. Whatever your reasons for hating Apple’s music player, you are in luck. Windows has more great music programs than you can shake a stick at, many of which are stronger than iTunes anyway. Here are some of our favorites iTunes Alternatives.
The tools listed below are the finest alternatives to iTunes in 2019. Follow the list and see which tools serve your needs and day-to-day uses.
Best iTunes Alternatives for Windows
- MusicBee: When it comes to a music management system, MusicBee gives a tough competition to Apple iTunes because of its in-built features, advanced but easy to tweak settings, tools with one click functioning. It creates an easy to traverse musical universe within the app. The user can easily import audio files from the system and even Apple iTunes. You can also adjust the mood of the music by using the equalizer feature with 15 adjustable controls from bass to echo. The labeling feature allows you to put a tag with your favorite music. It is free of cost and there is no in-app purchase that is needed to be made.
- MacX MediaTrans: This free of cost Mac tool is the one to pick of by any chance iTunes is unable to serve your needs. Not only it allows the user to import data as a backup from iPhone but also allows the user to edit audio files to some extent like customizing audio files and even allows the user to create ringtones by trimming audio files. Your data is safe with MacX MediaTrans because of its built-in encryption feature that encrypts your media files. Media transfer becomes a piece of cake with this tool. It also categorizes your data into audio files, video files, eBooks, PDFs, compressed ones and many others. Once categorized, data management becomes very easy with this tool. It is available for free.
- AnyTrans: It is not another MacX MediaTrans but is the simplest to use alternative to iTunes. Its configuration, features, and settings are almost the same as iTunes. It is not limited to iPhones but can also import data from Android devices, PC, Mac, and even Cloud storage. It provides all-in-one managerial solutions to file management tools. It is comparatively easy to use than its competitors. The only drawback is that it’s not free of cost. For simple file transfers, it is free but other features are paid.
- MediaMonkey: This Windows/Linux tool is the one to pick of by any chance iTunes is unable to serve your needs. Not only it allows the user to import data as a backup from iPhone but also support a wide range of commonly used file formats. Data syncing is lightning fast with MediaMonkey from iOS devices. It also helps in the removal or deletion of redundant data. It also categorizes your data into audio files, video files, eBooks, PDFs, compressed ones and many others. Once categorized, data management becomes very easy with this tool. It is available as a free version as well as the paid version.
- DearMob iPhone Manager: This free of cost tool is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as well. Not only it allows the user to import data as a backup from iPhone but your data is safe with DearMob because of its built-in encryption feature that encrypts your media files. Media transfer becomes a piece of cake with this tool and it supports one-click backup and restores. It also categorizes your data into audio files, video files, eBooks, PDFs, compressed ones and many others. Once categorized, data management becomes very easy with this tool. It is available for free. The only drawback is that it doesn’t support wireless data transfer.
- SynciOS: This free of cost tool is available for Windows and Mac. Not only it allows the user to import data as a backup from iPhone but also allows the user to sync every possible file with your PC. It supports two-way media transfer at the same time. Media transfer becomes a piece of cake with this tool. It also categorizes your data into audio files, video files, eBooks, PDFs, compressed ones and many others. Once categorized, data management becomes very easy with this tool. It is available for free and is highly interactive in terms of its UI.
- Tomahawk: This free of cost tool is available for Android, Windows, and Mac. It provides access to streaming websites like Spotify, YouTube, and many other streaming services. Not limited to streaming but Tomahawk also provides social networking feature which enables users to create or set up a custom environment to browse new media and share it with friends having similar interests. It is available for free and is highly interactive in terms of its UI. One can also purchase its paid version to access more features.
- Clementine: This free of cost tool is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. It features advanced tagging support that makes media organization hassle-free. It enables the user to listen to podcasts, internet radio, and many other music resources. Clementine cloud makes millions of music files and thousands of genres available at your fingertips. It is available for free but its UI is slightly more complex than its competitors.
iTunes Alternatives for Syncing Music
Today, I will share some of the finest iTunes alternatives designed to help you to manage and move your multimedia information to and from your Apple Smartphones.
Here are 10 best options for iTunes to handle photographs, music, videos and programs on iPhone, iPod, and iPad
A lightweight media player that has a special interface. It automatically detects and imports your iTunes library, and gives playback notifications via an always-on-top widget. The tool also supports linking your Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm accounts. Ecoute also has a competent iOS program that could replace your native audio player on your mobile device or tablet also.
2. Wondershare TunesGo
Wondershare TunesGo is a multi tasking application works like iTunes, regardless of what you require. It is more than your typical media player/manager; it’s an entire iDevice management package. TunesGo also permits direct syncing of iTunes media library with an Android smartphone.
Also Read: How do I remove Duplicates from iTunes?
Swinsian is just another iTunes alternatives that comes with a social integration and lets you connect your last.fm account. Two unique characteristics that put Swinsian apart from others are the simple metadata/ID3 tag editing that this tool provides, as well as the auto-detection of AirPlay vents if any is available.
Back in the day when I used Windows, MediaMonkey was my personal favorite. It is a very powerful media management brings all of your videos and music together including album artwork.
MediaMonkey is essentially a free program but includes a “golden” version which you can upgrade to for a few extra features.
DoubleTwist is a varied, cross-platform media player and manager that has clients for Mac, Windows, and Android, and retains your media library in sync across devices over a WiFi connection.
SynciOS is a full device manager for iPhones, iPods, and iPads. It has every feature on offer that you will expect from a device manager, such as media transport, backing up device content, syncing backgrounds, ringtones, books, photographs, music, videos, and pretty much anything you can imagine.
PodTrans is similar to a cross-platform, trimmed down version of SynciOS. While it has several capabilities that you will expect from a device manager, what sets this tool apart from others is that it does not require an iTunes setup to transfer audio to and from an iPhone/iPod.
These alternatives are the best ones to go for instead of iTunes. Media management was never easier and with the integration of cloud with media management platforms, new possibilities have come into existence and never the less, data backup and restore has also become a piece of cake. So visit the list and look for the features you need in your media management platform and never worry about losing your favorite song in your large playlist.