Windows 10 had many types of bugs and issue when the update was rolled out back in 2015. Many Windows 10 users reported about Mic not working problems, Issues with kernel, RAM management is poor and many more things. After few weeks Windows released update in which it fixed almost all the problems but there were few problem which the updates couldn’t solve and the only way we can fix such is problem is by taking a manual action. So today in article we are going to focus on upon Mic not Working Windows 10 problem in which a user has already connected his headphones to his system and he is not able to use the mic while video conferencing . In this tutorial we will show you how you can fix windows 10 sound not working in few moments.
How to Fix Mic Not Working Windows 10 Problem
Here in this guide we are going to show you few methods on how you can solve up windows 10 sound not working issue. The reason why your microphone is not working because maybe your audio drivers are not up to date and in that case you might need to update your Audio drivers manually or maybe your drivers are corrupted and in that case you have to reinstall the drivers manually. The process is fully manual, it can’t be fixed in Windows updates, so lets start without wasting up more time.
Method 1: Turn On Microphone from Windows Settings
- In first step of this method, press Windows + R button and type Control Panel and hit enter from your keyboard.
- Click on Privacy.
- Select Microphone and click on Change button on the screen.
- You have to enable microphone for this device.
- You also have to enable Allow apps to access your microphone option.
- Now restart your system, unplug your microphone and plug it in back and check whether the headphones are working or not.
- You have to repeat the same thing for webcam options.
Method 2: Update your Drivers using Driver Easy Software
In this method we are going to install a software known as DriverEasy, we have to launch it and it will automatically download and install the updates or softwares which are needed for our Windows 10 operating system.
- Download DriverEasy software from official website.
- Install it in your system.
- Now launch it from Desktop.
- Go to Scan tab and click on Scan Now option.
- It will now start scanning for updates.
- Once it finds all the update, you have to click on Update All option and it will automatically start downloading and installing the required updates.
- Once it is done, you have to restart your system to make sure all the changes are saved properly.
Checkout: How to Record Screen on Laptop
That’s it, this is how we can solve mic not working windows 10 problem, we have tested both the methods personally and it has worked for us, if you face any problem while following our tutorial then please let us know in comment section below and we will surely help you.