Sometimes you get into a project where there are geographical barriers. You can’t reach out to your team members physically and can’t show them your progress by sending files over the web. It can be a very common issue when it comes to people working on some school projects and can’t reach out to their project partners daily. Many times, remote maintenance of personal computers and laptops are also a challenge because of the remote location of customers. But this problem can be solved by collaboration tools like TeamViewer. It is an amazing software that shares your computer’s screen with the person you allow. You can also modify access control settings for them to either view or edit your files as per your needs. It has gained popularity in the business domain because of the services it delivers. Professionals can easily get access to their project partner’s personal computer or laptop and see their work progress. Collaboration tools also allow them to modify files with suitable access permissions that the user on one end grants. The best thing about collaboration tools is that is can also connect people working on different platforms. Windows can be connected with Mac, Linux, etc. It also gives mobile access to computers and laptops. Not just this, you can also share your devices like printers with the power of the TeamViewer Alternative.
Best Apps like Teamviewer
Every software has its principal features and pricing criteria that you can know after some simple research and then can decide on the very best for his requirements. The program is free for commercial together with non-commercial use. The remote desktop software is beneficial for every desktop user in today’s era. It’s very convenient as you don’t will need to install anything on the customer computer.
TeamViewer is the greatest and simple to avail of desktop program. Despite all these, you sometimes must get out of TeamViewer and receive a better alternative to find the jobs done. Teamviewer is among the most well-known remote desktop computer software. TeamViewer is the most common and widely used remote desktop computer software. You’re able to download TeamViewer from the official website. Here in this tricksmaze Article, we are going to list down the top best Teamviewer Alternatives For Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
There are a bunch of collaboration tools that one can use as an alternative to TeamViewer with the same efficiency. Some of these tools are discussed below that one can use as per their professional and personal needs. Follow this lead and depending upon your operating system, types of features and considering all of your requirement factors get the best collaboration tool you need.
Teamviewer Alternatives for Fast Remote Desktop Connection
With many important features like accessing a neighborhood printer and file transfer, it still works among the very best pro alternatives. No matter what’s the reason behind you, we’ve selected the five best TeamViewer alternatives which you can install straight away. Teamviewer alternatives are some superb tools you must need on your computer. It has become the image we ascertained on the internet from reliable creativeness. A number of the effective alternatives are briefly discussed here to help you decide on the most suitable one for you. Switching to the free alternatives to TeamViewer is possible. Based on what you need, you might elect for a free TeamViewer like software or a paid remote desktop app that provides premium features, particularly for skilled use.
What you have to do is just simply run a program that’s downloaded from the site of TeamViewer. Chrome Remote Desktop It is a free remote program that works to be an extension that is paired with the chrome on-line browser. The software program provides the distant entry program. Remote assistance is increasing in demand and will be a valuable part of how tech support will happen later on.
Free for individual use, it gives a flexible business offer including lifetime support and updates. Therefore, the option of right software is fundamental. If you would like to locate a free option in the TeamViewer alternatives list, then WebEx will provide you an excellent and very affordable quality.
Your customer’s experience needs to be easy and quick. In case you’re beginning for the key time, it makes it effortless. If you’re starting for the very first time, it makes it straightforward. It is a widely used and preferred among the very best.
1. CloudBerry Remote Assistant
CloudBerry Remote Assistant comes with a mix of RSA and AES encryption. It is easy to use and execute. You may simply use the software like TeamViewer to repair the problem from your place rather than rushing to miles away at the customer’s house. Now, the ideal choice for TeamViewer is CloudBerry Remote Assistant.
- Key Characteristics: voice and text chat, Easy to set up
JoinMe is the best conferencing tool which enables multiple people from several places to connect to one system at a time. Join.me allows unlimited audio so that anyone can join a telephone on almost any device, whether that is internet calling (VoIP) or phone. Furthermore, it provides once click recording.
- Pricing: Free for Fundamental VoIP, $15/mo for Guru and $19/mo for Business
- Supported Platforms: Mac OS X & Windows
- Key Characteristics: One-click assembly monitoring, Recording, and connect up to 250 users.
Virtual Network Computing is an open-source program, both free and paid variations of the Remote Desktop Client. Although somewhat complicated that Teamviewer in setup, VNC provides a secure connection between two users. This utility can help you join multiple PC’s supporting an IP Address or link to a pc.
If you’re looking for the application in which you don’t even need to leave the browser than Chrome desktop is the best choice. Among the prevalent applications offered for the users is TeamViewer. Though the setup process of Real VNC is a little complicated in contrast to TeamViewer, it’s best TeamViewer alternative for those users who give preference to secure connection. There are many applications of remote desktop readily available on the market for personal and industrial usage, manufactured by different software businesses.
- Cost: Free for Personal use, paid for commercial and Enterprise use.
- Supported Platforms: Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX, Windows, Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi.
- Key Characteristics: Cross-platform remote control, Encryption, File Transfer, Chats, etc..
4. Ammyy Adminn
Download Ammyy ADMIN It’s one of the most effective free TeamViewer alternative remote access programs. Ammyy Admin is free of cost for businesses and individuals. It comes with a Secure connection.
Features: Simple to use, System administrations, Remote workplace, Built-in voice, and chat, etc..
5. Chrome Remote Desktop — Easy Free TeamViewer Alternative
Chrome Remote Desktop application is an extension for Google Chrome browser for accessing your desktop computer. What you have to do is just simply run a program that’s downloaded from the site of TeamViewer. Chrome Remote Desktop It is a free remote program that works to be an extension that is paired with the chrome on-line browser. The software program provides the distant entry program. Remote assistance is increasing in demand and will be a valuable part of how tech support will happen later on.
TeamViewer Alternative for Mac:
- Apple Remote Desktop: This application is one of the significant applications from Apple and is one of the best collaboration tools out there. It tops the charts when it comes to one-to-one connectivity and shareability. It is best when it comes to sharing or monitoring the data from one end. Either you want to share your screen with multiple people at a time and sharing information. It is lightweight and requires less bandwidth to ensure connectivity even with less connection speed. Its other features include file sharing, locking specific machines and sharing files with everyone you are connected to. One of the best choices for the professionals there is. It also offers user and device configuration management. To access many of its features, you need to spend some of your hard-earned money. This is one of its drawbacks. The other one is that it focuses your system’s attention to this particular application.
- AnyDesk: This application is also quite efficient in terms of collaboration tools It works flawlessly when it comes to one-to-one connectivity and shareability. It is highly efficient for sharing or monitoring the data from one end. Either you choose to share your screen with multiple people at a time and sharing information or access files, it is pro-choice. It requires less bandwidth to ensure connectivity even with less connection speed and also offers user and device configuration management. Its other features include file sharing, locking specific machines and sharing files with everyone you are connected to. It supports cross-platform operability on windows and other operating systems as well.
TeamViewer Alternatives for Linux/Opensource:
- Chrome Remote Desktop: Like any other google product is lightweight, gets installed in a hassle-free manner and is free of cost. It is perhaps the best alternative to open source collaboration tools. Allows anywhere to anyone connectivity and also makes the user capable of file sharing which is one of its many other features. It also offers user and device configuration management. You can even access your personal computers and laptops from your mobile. It is available for windows and Linux as well. It also supports cross-platform operability.
- Tight VNC: This tool is also used widely by many people. It has the same features but its installation requires you to set up your firewall manually and open a few extra ports for it. It doesn’t support install and run. It also offers user and device configuration management. New users or the ones from the non-technical background may suffer during the installation and setup phase. One of the alternatives to it is Open VNC but the hassle during installation process remains the same for it.
TeamViewer alternatives for Android:
- LogMeIn: An excellent choice for those who are on the go and can’t carry their laptops or can’t find a place to access their laptops privately. This application allows users to share the screen with their mobile devices. Supports file sharing, multiple access, and lightweight application. It also offers user and device configuration management. It is available for free on trial basis but full features are accessible when you pay for them. But it is one of the highest-rated applications in the collaboration tool’s vertical used by many big companies and industry professionals.
- Remote Utilities: It bags all the features of TeamViewer accessible at your fingertips. It is highly recommended for remote employees or the ones who work from home. It is the best collaboration tool when it comes to personal uses. It also offers user and device configuration management. But the only drawback is that it is not free of cost. There are nominal charges for connecting more than 10 devices. But for the ones who use it small scale, it exceeds the quality of TeamViewer sometimes. Relief is that the common features of this application come free of cost so one-to-one users can use it efficiently.
These tools are the best tools based on their efficiency on various platforms. All of them support cross-platform operability. These tools are quite efficient and make the management of employees and service of customers a piece of cake. If used properly, they even have the potential to scale up the business of companies in the service sector. But there are several cases where fraudulent companies have violated people’s privacy by the use of such applications. So one must be very careful while granting a new person access to their device. Without proper confirmation on such a person’s identity, you should not share your screen or grant any access permission to such a person. You can do this by first confirming the details of the person in-person or gathering information from their organization. Never allow any random person to access your device without you being physically present there. Lack of precaution may lead to a breach of your privacy and tampering of your sensitive information.
There are several other tools such as NoMachine, to join.me, eHorus, Mikogo and many others that offer the same functionalities. All of them allow screen sharing, file sharing, user and configuration management, VPN settings, printer sharing and much more. These are decent choices in terms of effective collaboration tools but the ones mentioned above are widely used both for personal and professional agendas. So choose your collaboration tool wisely that suits your day-to-day work and makes your business and life easy.
Thanks for reading!