Lets assume that you were on holiday from last few days and when you return home and want to do some important mails regarding your work and suddenly your WiFi stops working and when you try to reconnect it, the WiFi Keeps Disconnecting, The dropping or disconnecting of WiFi from your Laptop or PC is usual thing. Laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi is really one of the most common issue you will see everyday. If you are not able to connect it to your WiFi router then have tried restarting it? Did you tried to reset the router, Yes? Well if still that doesn’t work don’t panic we are here to help you out. In this tutorial we are going to show you few solutions from which you can quickly fix this issue because we know the value of time and work.
How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Problem
There can be many reasons why your WiFi disconnects frequently, maybe there will be a problem with the drivers or your maybe your ISP is not working properly or your WiFi Router settings has been malfunctioned. We have written few solutions below to debug where exactly the error is occurring. So lets start without wasting up more time.
Solution 1: Try to Change the Power Management
- Move your cursor to Windows Task Manager and there on the right hand side you will see WiFi Icon, you have to right click on it and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now on the left sidebar you will see various option, there you have to find Change Adapter settings and click on it.
- Here you will find your WiFi Settings, it will show you whether you are connected to any access point or not, Right click on it select Properties.
- It will open a small window, Select Configure.
- Go to Power Management Tab.
- Now here you have to untick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option as shown in this image.
- Click on Ok and Restart your System.
Solution 2: Try to Reset the WiFi AutoConfig service.
- Exit all the running programs and go to Desktop. Press Windows + R button and type Services.msc and Hit Enter
- It will open the list of all the services which are currently running in your Windows operating system. There you have to locate WLAN AutoConfig Service.
- Double Click on it.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click on Apply button and then click on OK.
- Restart your System and to make sure that the settings which are done now are saved and applied properly or not.
Thats it, This is how you can fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting or Dropping problem within few minutes, we have personally tested this method and it worked for us. If you are still facing problem then you try resetting your router and if it doesn’t work then we think something is wrong with the hardware of your WiFi Router. Feel free to ask any questions in comment section below. We would love to help you.