So you were on a long trip and when you came back and booted your Windows operating system, you found that there are no icons available on your Desktop. We understand that there will be many important files that you have stored right on your Desktop. Don’t panic, we will help you get you all files and icons back which were available on your Desktop. Windows users reported about this issues on Microsoft official forum but there was no proper solution provided so in this guide we are going to help you on how you can solve Windows 10 Desktop Icons Missing problem in no time.
How to Fix Windows 10 Desktop Icons Missing Issue
Here in this tutorial we have are going to show you several solutions, you don’t have to go through all of them, if the first solution works for you then you don’t need follow rest other methods. As we said above, you shouldn’t be worried about your files because all the files and icons are still there but in hidden form and we will show you how to get back those windows 10 icons missing.
Solution 1: Try to Enable Show Desktop Icons
- In the very first solution of this guide we are going to enable Show desktop icon option from Windows 10 Settings. Lets see how can we do it without wasting up more time.
- Go to your Desktop and right click on any empty space and move your cursor to View and then it will open a sub menu where you have to select Show desktop icons option as shown in this image.
- Once you have select that option, comeback to Desktop and check whether the icons are visible or not.
Solution 2: Verify your desktop icon settings
- So here again you have follow the same steps, go to your Desktop and right click on any empty space and select Personalize option.
- It will now open a small window where you can manage all the themes, screen savers, fonts, colors and other Windows 10 settings.
- You have to click on Themes section and there you will find Desktop icon settings, click on it.
- It will again open a small window where it will ask you to select what icon you want to keep on your Windows 10 Desktop.
- Once you are done selecting, click on Apply and then Ok button.
Solution 3: Try to Rebuild icon cache
- Here we are going to use some command to bring back our Windows 10 missing icons.
- Open Start menu and type Command Prompt.
- Right click on it and Run it as Administrator.
- Once the command prompt is in running mode, you have to enter below commands one by one
- Now go back to your Desktop and check Windows 10 Desktop Icons Missing are restored or not.
Also Read: How To Fix BOOTMGR is Missing Errors
So this was all about how you can fix up Windows 10 Desktop Icons Missing problem, we have tried all the solutions personally and all of them has worked. If you face any problem while following our guide then please let us know via contact us page or comment down your queries.